It’s that time of year again. The holidays are right around the corner, and it’s time to order personalized holiday cards! These days personalized cards aren’t very expensive, so they are a great way to connect with your friends and family during the holiday season.
Whenever we send out personalized cards we always get tons of compliments on them, and I still have many of the cards that were sent to me! These cards will hold special meaning to the recipients long after the holidays are over.
We’ll be getting photos done this weekend, and they will most likely end up on our Christmas cards this year. My family is spread out all over the United States, so we all enjoy using this time to send photo cards to one another.
Here are 5 ways to make your cards great:
- Get professional photos done. Be sure that you have a release that will let you use them on the photo sites. We always like to get our photos done in October. Around here the rates for photographers are lower, and the weather is perfect for picture taking.
- Include unique family quotes. Cards are a great place to put the cute things your daughter or son is always saying!
- Think outside of the box. Holiday cards don’t have to focus on the holidays – dress in your favorite team’s colors, pick photos from your annual vacation, or something else that is meaningful to your family.
- Tell a story. Did something interesting happen to your family this year? Personalized holiday cards are a great way to let everyone know! The year our daughter was born, our holiday cards also served as birth announcements.
- Involve your children. Many cards have room for several photos on them, so let one of those be all about the children. Let them make funny faces, strike silly poses, and just be kids! Who knows, you may end up using this as your main photo!
Purple Trail is currently offering free shipping on all of their personalized holiday cards. They have a large selection of cards to choose from, and if you are feeling especially creative you can even use their Design Center to create your own design. With postcards, flat cards, and folded cards there really is something for everyone.
Do you make personalized cards each year? What is your tip for making them special?
** I am participating in a giveaway for PurpleTrail.com and it makes me eligible for a PurpleTrail gift code. Here is a link to the contest information page http://www.purpletrail.com/blogcontests